“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
From the office of Ryan Rizor:
Master if influence..
Hard working obsessive who’s on a mission..
(good guy who probably cares more about your success than you do).
Ryan Rizor here – nice to meet you too. If you’re surfing this website chances are you’ve heard about me and FOCUS. If not – no biggie. I hope you’ll stay long enough not only to look, but to learn. If you’re a parent, then congratulations. You’re taking the right step and doing your due diligence. As a parent myself, I can assure you I want to know who my kids are holding company with.
After all, you’re here reading this for your best self interest. Not mine. And that’s OK.
To be honest I don’t know the exact reason you’re visiting my website. If I had to guess I’d say you’re either a sport coach, parent, or competitive athlete looking for that one program that will answer all your prayers. I don’t claim to work miracles but I do guarantee I’ll find ways to squeeze every ounce of athleticism out of you and your program.
In over 14 years of working with athletes, I’ve been very lucky and fortunate to train at the Olympics, Division I, II, III teams, health care systems, and consult over 30 high schools. This site will provide you access to training programs that increase sports performance, give you clarity on ‘what to do’, and give you direction on how to help your athletes. I’ve worked to make this the place where athletes, parents, sport coaches and trainers trust for detailed information as it pertains to the development of our athletes.
Chances are somewhere along the way you’ve been told to get bigger, get stronger, get quicker feet, learn how to run, be more aggressive, or whatever every single coach subjectively tells an athlete they need to be more competitive.
Or maybe you’ve seen the size and skills of the kids playing at the next age level.. and it’s a bit scary.
You’ve seen what a starter looks like, plays like, and acts like and you’re not quite there yet.
Or better yet you’ve been told you have the potential to really do something if you could just ____________ more, better, consistently, easier, etc….
If any of this describes you then we’re on the same page. I can tell you FOCUS is known for finding an extracting everything an athlete has to offer, regardless of how big the offering. We ‘specialize’ in taking 5’s and 6’s and making them 8’s and 9’s. Not being handed 10’s and making them 11’s, and claiming we’re the reason they’re attending college on an athletic scholarship.
No doubt there are lots of choices for performance training in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. What’s out there, and what’s believed to be correct, isn’t the best representation of what can be offered to players and coaches, nor does it accurately represent the opportunities that exist.
My goal is to help walk you through the clutter, teach, and make the best possible decision for your specific situation.
Look at the detailed metrics we establish for our Player Development Programs. Nobody else does it like this.. just ask around.
See how base strength, speed, and conditioning programs establish the fundamentals for future growth.
When it’s time to make a decision on what program you want to join, ask yourself this:
“If I gave you $10,000 to invest (not spend) on your kid’s development… What would you do? Use a company that plays on your emotions of faster sprint times and win this weekend mentality? Or a program that looks longer term, covers all the basis, and sets a plan of action? Do you want a trend or a future?”
STEP 1: LOOK AROUNG & MAKE DIRECT CONTACT
- Search the site, read, watch the videos, get a feel for what we do.
- If we haven’t already talked over the phone or in person you’ll first need to make direct contact. You can either call the facility at 724-747-6229 or via email using the CONTACT page. Initial contact is very important because not all athletes get accepted. We want to make sure this is for you.
- Set a date and time for your Strategy Session. This serves as your first exposure to our facility and meeting in person. We will break down expectations, do a facility tour, and address any questions you have. You’ll be put through a Functional Anatomy Assessment and Physical Performance Tests.
STEP 2: ACCEPT, GET ACCEPTED
- After you’ve completed and paid for you Strategy Session, you need to be accepted. Most times you’ll be made aware if we feel you’re a fit at the end of your Strategy Session.
- This is also the time where you accept a roster spot. I completely understand this may be something you’ll need to discuss, but we ask that you make us aware of your decision 48 hours after your Strategy Session.
STEP 3: PURCHASE YOUR PROGRAM
- Click the ‘PRICES’ page. All program options, price breakdowns, and payment options are there.
- Find your program and click the button. You’ll be taken to our online store for payment and scheduling.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. It’s super easy.. seriously.
- ***Please note some programs listed as ongoing programs are set up as monthly reoccurring payment plans. Your credit card will be debited each month unless you cancel your membership.**For ongoing programs payments will be taken on a monthly basis until cancelled. To cancel, you must notify FOCUS via email (email@example.com) at least seven (7) days before the next billing cycle. Feel free to call (724) 747-6229 for more details. By clicking the ‘Create Account’ button you agree to an understanding of the payment process.
STEP 4: SCHEDULE YOUR SESSIONS
- All sessions are booked using the online system, the same place you just purchased your program. You can get back there by clicking one of the Basic Quick Links at the bottom of the website, or bookmark the address: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=39780
- Click the ‘Schedule’ tab at the top right
- Competitive Athletes are athletes training to raise the level of their sports performance.
- Adult Fitness Classes are geared specifically for adults who want radical changes in fitness and fat loss.
- Open Gym sessions are open to both Competitive Athletes and Adult Fitness.
- Find the days, times, and corresponding sessions you want to attend.
- When you’re ready click ‘Sign Up Now’
- You can book or cancel a session up until the start time. If you booked a session, but can’t attend and forgot to cancel, notify me ASAP with the session you needed to cancel and a reason why. If you fail to cancel a session correctly, it will still be deducted from your program.
Who is this guy anyway?
Personal bios and stories about yourself are never easy. So much to say and so many ways to say it. If I write conversational then I’m unprofessional. If I stick to scientific academia then I’m stuffy and boring. My goal is to marry the two – write like I talk while showing I have a brain in my head.
Maybe it matters.. maybe it doesn’t but at some point you’re going to ask who I am and what I’ve done. Bare with me, I’m going to take you on a quick journey that will explain exactly why it’s a good idea to listen to what I have to say. One thing I can state without hesitation is that I am one of a select few that has experience coaching at all levels of performance enhancement: high school, collegiate, amateur, professional, and Olympic.
Plus, I’m a real person.